Why Chesterton Community College Loves SHU!
The PTA is pleased to collect and re-sell second-hand uniform because it benefits our entire community in several ways.
- Funds raised are used for projects at school which benefit students, teachers, and families
- Past projects funded by the PTA include new sewing machines, new computers for use in the music department, and we are currently raising money for outdoor furniture.
- Offering uniforms at lower cost helps families ease financial strain
- We are always happy to provide uniform at lower or no cost for families in financial difficulty; please mention the lower cost option in emails.
- Giving uniforms a second (or third) life prevents them ending up in landfill – good for the planet!
- It’s also great for the planet (and your energy bills)if you follow the manufacturer’s washing instructions with a full load on a cool setting with a low spin and hang dry. This is an effective way to reduce the spread of clothing-derived micro-plastics – more info.
How Much Does SHU Cost?
- Sweatshirt £5
- Polo shirt £3
- Trousers/shorts £5
- Skirts £5
- Rugby/Hockey top £5
- PE Skort £5
- PE T-shirt £3
- PE Shorts £3
- PE Socks £1
These prices are guide prices, and we are always happy to provide uniform at lower or no cost for families in financial difficulty.
Please check what uniform your child needs here.
How Can You Get Your Hands On SHU?
IN PERSON! This year we plan to offer at least 6 sales: one before every PTA meeting which takes place each half-term. Please join us in the Rex Freeman Hall from 4:30 – 6pm to stock up on extra uniform at bargain prices! You may also want to recover something from the Lost Property cupboard which will also be open during this time. Then stay for the PTA meeting and enjoy a beverage while you meet other parents and hear about ways PTA money can benefit our kids.
- Tuesday 12th of September
- Thursday 2nd of November
- Tuesday 16th of January
- Thursday 29th of February (it’s a leap year!)
- Tuesday 23rd of April
- Thursday 6th of June
ONLINE! Online sales of SHU are run by volunteers out of their homes – you can contact the team by emailing – let us know what you’re looking for, your child’s name, size, and their House if you need polo shirts.
We will pack up the requested items – we pop into school to fulfill requests once or twice each week. If we find what you’ve asked for, we will put it in a bag, drop it at reception, and the school runners will deliver the bag to your child during school hours. We will email you the same day to let you know what uniform we were able to find, the price of each, and how to pay.
Making a payment – just a reminder that the prices are guide prices, and we are always happy to provide uniform at lower or no cost for families in financial difficulty. After we send the uniform home with your child, we will send an email listing the items and their prices. We only ask for payment after you have determined that the items are suitable.
Online Payment Information
- Paying Chesterton Community College PTA
- sort code 30-13-55
- a/c 01213274
- ref: 2HU+yoursurname
How Can You Donate SHU?
If you’d like to donate good quality uniform, please drop off washed clothes at school reception in a bag labelled PTA 2nd Hand Uniform. Donations are very much appreciated.