Welcome to the PTA!
We are a group of parents/carers and teachers working together for the benefit of the school and we’d love for you to get involved. You can see the scheduled meetings for 2023/2024 further down the page.
The PTA is open to all parents, carers and teachers at Chesterton Community College. All are automatically members, and all are welcome to attend our meetings.
PTA Meetings 2023/24
- Tuesday 12th of September
- Thursday 2nd of November
- Tuesday 16th of January
- Thursday 29th of February (it’s a leap year!)
- Tuesday 23rd of April
- Thursday 6th of June
Sheila Ceccarelli and Daniel Forster
Support the PTA
We are very fortunate at Chesterton to have a vibrant PTA with many parent volunteers. From a dedicated PTA Committee to a 2nd Hand Uniform Team as well as many parents who help to organise big events and 2nd-hand uniform sales. Parents also help on an ad-hoc basis and we hope that everyone will get involved during their time at Chesterton and give as little or as much as their time and energy permits. We also encourage students to get involved.
We already have lots of wonderful events planned for 23/24 including our Welcome Event for new parents on the 19th of September at 6.30 PM in the Atrium, our annual Christmas Fair, and The Chesterton Summer Bash. Other exciting ideas are in the pipeline like an Alumni Reunion, School Dico, and a Movie Night!
WILLIAMS BIODIVERSITY PROJECT
Building on from our massive fundraising success last year we are planning our biggest project ever as we take on the WYNN WILLIAMS BIODIVERSITY PROJECT. We hope that students, parents, teachers, carers, and supporters will come together to improve and restore the Wynn Williams Garden for nature TO THRIVE, creativity TO FLOURISH, and well-being ENJOYED.
We looking forward to creating a GREEN TEAM/S of students, parents, carers, and teachers to start to work on the project in its early design and consultation stage early next term.
Donate and Fundraise
All funds raised by the PTA are to benefit and enrich every student at the school with equipment, projects and experiences that sit outside of the curriculum.
- The easiest way to support CCC PTA is by giving via our Enthuse Page. You can make one-off donations, monthly recurring donations, or support campaigns for specific projects. You can even set up your own fundraising challenges!
If you are a UK taxpayer, donations to the PTA are eligible for Gift Aid, so your donation can go even further.
All donations are hugely appreciated, and every penny is spent on projects and equipment to enhance every student’s experience at school. Please do take a few minutes to have a look: https://chestertoncc.enthuse.com/profile
- If you would prefer to donate by setting up a Standing Order please find out more here.
Raise (Free) Donations Every Time you Shop
- Easy Fundraising: If you shop online please start at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ or download the easy fundraising app. On your first visit you can select Chesterton PTA, Cambridge as your charity. You can access most major online stores via the link or app and a portion of your purchase(s) is donated to the PTA.
- The Co-op: Please download the Co-op app or visit https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/49727 to become a member. Once you are a member you can select Chesterton PTA as your charity then every time you buy online or in a shop and show your membership card a donation will be made to the PTA.
Join the Committee
The PTA needs a new Chair, Secretary and Treasurer every two years. You just need to commit a few hours every month to helping the PTA, and it is a great way to get involved with Chesterton.
Projects We Fund
The money that the PTA raises is spent on projects that the school cannot fund – they are outside the normal school budget. These projects are of two types: the big projects or the faculty funding applications. The decisions about what the PTA raises money for or funds are made at the PTA meetings where all parents, carers and teachers are welcome, and in consultation with the Chesterton’s senior management team. So, please come to the PTA meetings to have your say!
If you’d like to donate, click here for everything you need to make a monthly donation or a one time gift…and don’t forget to complete the online Gift Aid form at the bottom of the linked page – the PTA will be able to claim an extra 25% of your donation from the government!
Giving Money to School Departments
Every term we give up to £3,000 to staff and students in response to requests from staff and Student Voice. For example, money raised by the PTA and a recent non-uniform day is buying the school a much-needed new piano, or helps to fund the school newspaper.
In the last few years we have:
- In summer term 2021 the PTA raised £5,000 in order to unlock a further £45,000 in funding from the Wolfson Foundation to refurbish a science classroom. We are incredibly grateful to all the parents, carers, family and friends who made one-off and monthly donations to meet this goal and allow the school to go ahead with this exciting improvement! Learn more about this project here.
- PTA helped the school raise £20,000 for the new Climbing Wall in the Sports Centre which will help make more money for the school and ALL its students!
- Funded the employment of an SEN specialist, helping students identified with dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- Given £3,000 to students for projects chosen by Student Voice, including sofas for the library, a plaque for Joe Herrington, refreshments at the Joe Herrington Memorial match and a chewing gum bin.
- Purchased a minibus for the college, which facilitates school trips and team events for the students.
- Bought a sound and lighting system for the Performing Arts department that has been used extensively in college productions and other events.
- Restored and improved the Wynn-Williams Garden with new planting and picnic tables. Many thanks to a team from Tesco who came along for a day and did a great job.
- Refurbished the Farnsworth Hall.
- Sponsored the creation of a garden, named in memory of a former Chair of the PTA David Wynn-Williams.